It’s been a loooong winter. I’m so happy that Spring is finally here and my hubby and I can now travel and explore more places. One of our favorite places to visit is New York City. We only live a few hours away, so we love to take day trips to the “Big City” and check out the different spots.
Last weekend, we decided to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET). I’ve always wanted to visit the MET and see the various collections from around the world. The museum has over 2 million works of art!
I know it’s impossible to see everything in one day. So, I did a little research and made a must-see list. Here are some of the amazing pieces of art at the museum.
1. The Temple of Dendur
2. Ugolino and His Sons, Jean Baptiste Carpeaux
3. Buddha of Medicine Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo)
4. Washington Crossing the Delaware, Emanuel Leutze
5. Self Portrait with a Straw Hat, Vincent van Gogh
6. Manuel Osorio Manrique de Zuniga, Goya
7. Young Woman with a Water Pitcher, Johannes Vermeer
It was fun trying to find these must-see pieces from a treasure trove of masterpieces. Overall, the whole experience was so surreal. I wasn’t prepared to be transported to another place in time as I walked through the different galleries.
Do you like going to museums? Which ones have you visited? Any favorite artwork? Feel free to share in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
What & Where