Welcome to Food & Love! I started this series to document my culinary journey as I try to improve my kitchen skills. I’ll be sharing with you some quick and easy recipes. I’ll try to cook or bake these recipes, and hopefully make something edible for my hubby.
If you love chocolate and coconut, then I have the perfect treat for you. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this no-bake Saltine Layer Bars.
Saltine Layer Bars
By Wendy H.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 32 saltines
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter, milk, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and vanilla.
- Heat to boiling over low heat. Stir constantly. Cook for about 7 minutes. Simmer, don’t burn.
- Line pan with non-stick foil and lay down 16 saltines. Pour half mix over crackers.
- Layer the rest of saltines. Pour rest of mix on.
- Put in freezer.
- Heat chocolate chips in the microwave and spread over top of crackers.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut and eat a ton of them.
Thank you so much to my friend Wendy for sharing this recipe with us.
Do you like no-bake recipes? What’s your favorite one so far? Feel free to share in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!