It’s March already! In a few weeks, winter is finally over. Despite the weather forecast of more snow today, the thought that Spring is coming just makes me so happy!
As we prepare to welcome the new season, I’d like to share with you this oh-so-delicious Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe. This cake is absolutely perfect for Spring tea parties, brunch, and coffee hour.
My hubby and I had a slice of this cake at a party, and we love it! My friend Jenny baked the cake. She got the recipe from her roommate, Shoney.
The cake was so good, and a lot of our friends were interested in learning how to bake it. So, Jenny organized a fun afternoon of “Baking 101: Cream Cheese Pound Cake.”
Sharing with you the recipe and a few photos of our baking session…
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 cups Softasilk cake flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks margarine, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Sift flour.
2. Mix butter, margarine, and cream cheese. Then, add sugar gradually.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Gradually, add flour. Then, add vanilla.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
6. Spray 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray. Pour batter into the pan.
7. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (check for doneness at 1 hour).
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
The cake has a beautiful golden brown crust with a nice, moist interior. You don’t need to add any glaze or frosting on this cake. It is unbelievably delicious… just the way it is!
Special thanks to Jenny & Shoney for sharing this recipe with us.
Do you like Bundt cakes? What’s your favorite? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!